View Single Post
Old 07-03-07, 09:41 PM
Mariner Fan
59'er

Bikes: LeMond Maillot Jaune, Vintage Trek 520 (1985), 1976 Schwinn Voyageur 2, Miyata 1000 (1985)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanhulce
Well I must say this was the first time I had ever seen a track race, and what a blast!!

There was one guy in the Cat 1/2 Race that could sprint like no one I have ever seen before. He just rocketed off.

Also never understood why people always talk about track standing till I seen the "Slow Race" The same guy who was sprinting like mad also made track standing look easy. I don't think he moved for the entire 3 minutres.

I got a chance to ride my road bike around the track a for about an hour, and now I'm thinking of getting a track bike.

Now for the Cat 4/5 races how fast is the pace on the track? How fast do I need to be able to sprint too not to look foolish? I was able to avg almost 30mph for a few laps, but it was fairly busy so didn't get a chance to really hammer it. Do they offer some beginner training type races?

Also there was one very nasty wreck, where I wouldn't be surprised if the rider didn't snap his collar bone like a twig.

Also one guy had the coolest bike it was red/white/blue with stars on it, even on the tri spoke rims. Looked very neat spinning around the track.
Yea, that wreck was brutal.