Old 07-03-07, 10:24 PM
JBD
French Warmonger

Bikes: Lyon Follis, raleigh sportif, giant unknown, centurian lemans r.i.p.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MajorA
By the time my Peugeot PKN10 came to live with me, it had none of the original Huret/Simplex/Mafac stuff, just a mishmash including Ofmega, Shimano, and Dia Compe, with a couple of Campy bits. Now that it's all dressed up with '70's Campy and a Brooks Professional, while I can't speak to how it rode as originally equipped, I can tell you that it was a hell of a lot of fun to ride to my office this morning. In fact, it's leaning against the bookshelf across the room as we speak, pleading with me to start the holiday early.

Summary: I like my French bike.

Serious addendum: I've researched Follis bikes a couple of times when they've come up on eBay, but never bought one. From what I know, it sounds like yours is low- to mid-range (based on the description of the Simplex stuff, and the existence of suicide levers)... but the people who own them seem to like them a lot. As the saying goes: ride that thing like you stole it, and let us know how you like it.
do you have any pictures of your Peugeot? I'd like to see what potential my bike has at both ends of the spectrum.
I figure I could get around $20.00 for the bike if I sold it... for the suntour RD as it does seem to be the lower end of the scale. thus it seems to be more feasible to, as the saying goes, "ride it like I stole it"