View Single Post
Old 05-21-04, 04:05 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thingsbike
I used to be into bicycling long distance and in 1989 I bought a Cannondale 3.0 Aluminum series with Shimano 105 gear train. I haven't ridden it since the early 90's when I moved from Charleston South Carolina. While I lived in Connecticut (US Navy keeps me goin') I got into Mountain biking and haven't ridden the Cannondale since. In November I moved to Northern Virginia and recently bought a Specialized Hardrock Mountain bike. I've found that many of the trails are paved and in very good shape and you can ride 50-60 miles or more on some of them.

Here's my question...while I'm getting a good workout with the mountain bike (25-35 mile rides) the urge to go further and further is setting in and I'm asking for opinions on whether (if it were you) would get the Cannondale tuned up and going again (it's in excellent shape and very clean) or if I should just wait until next year (maybe) and cough up the cash for a new bike. When I bought it it was a $800 bike and even the red paint is clean (except the back forks, from leaning on things). Not sure about flat spots on the Wolber rims. Thanks in advance and...later
Maybe $50 for a tuneup so you can save for a new one/ Your'e kidding right. Tune it up and ride. BTW bikes don't have "back forks"