View Single Post
Old 07-06-07, 02:41 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Depends on the companies and who you get to deal with. One of my Friends Bought a Univega many years ago and the frame cracked within a year. As he was young and had got nowhere with the shop owner- I went in and tackled the owner- He did not want to know. Got in touch with Univega and they did not want to know. Wrote a letter to Univega pointing out the terms of the warranty and enclosed a letter that was going off to one of the big Cycling Magazines. Instant reply- instant frame replacement and a few Extras thrown in.

My Current LBS sold a bike to one of my riding friends. He had a major problem with the wheels. The LBS dealt with Giant and were not happy with the speed that giant dealt with the warranty. When the Giant rep came in- They tackled him and they got an upgrade on a wheel set and a Complete service done on the bike with all parts that were dubious replaced.

It is not always the Manufacturer- but the LBS and how they value their customers.

Spike Milligan