Bikes: Marin, Peugeot, My Grandmother's Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
Armstrong slams Prudhomme

By Gregor Brown

Seven-time Tour de France winner criticised Tour Director Christian Prudhomme for his actions regarding Bjarne Riis. The Texan referred to the Frenchman as a "hypocrite" for wanting to take away Riis 1996 Tour jersey following the Dane's confession to doping during the same year.

"The hypocrisy of certain directors irritates me," Armstrong said, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "After the confession of Riis, Prudhomme asked for the return of the yellow jersey. Why did he never ask Virenque for his polka-dot jerseys? To Thévenet for his two yellow jerseys? The family of Anquetil for his five yellow jerseys?"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l07/jul06news3

These words raise a few questions, eh?
  1. Did Thévenet and Anquetil admit to doping? If so, was it clearly against the rules back then as it was in the case of Riis?
  2. Cycling is apparently trying to get more serious about doping. Is Lance on board with this?
  3. Of all the wrongs out there in the world that Lance could have chosen to speak out against, is this one really worthy? What could Lance's motivation be for opposing retroactive yellow jersey returns? Could it have something to do with protecting a significant portion of his own wardrobe?
Armstrong is wrong. Prudhomme never said, Riis should give back his yellow jersey. He denied having said it. It was actually Pat Mcquaid who said it.