Old 07-07-07, 12:39 PM
PunkMartyr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking to give up the car - Go Electric?

Hello

I am looking at alternatives to driving a car. I have a 15 mile commute each way to work. Can you tell me what brands and modes of transportation you would look at in my scenario?

I wanted to get a Schwinn Continental but they are new to the states and the dealer I was going to buy from is saying they have had some quality control issues implementing them. I don't really believe this though, I think he is trying to push the sale of another product or doesn't feel like special ordering. The site says they get around 60 miles a charge and have top speed of 15-18 mph

I would be interested in other modes transportation to and from work.. but to be honest.. and this is going to sound corny so wait for it.. I want to look cool doing it. I've been doing some research and seen everything from gas powered rollerblades to mopeds and lets just say some of the options out there, not so cool looking. Or maybe everyone has their own flavor of ice cream.

Ok so other than looking cool while traveling which I don't think is too much to ask, I also want speed but not require a special license and of course some reliability. What suggestions would you have for me? In the meantime I will keep doing research on my own.