Nicodemus
Feral Member

Bikes: yes, I have one.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fireworks
Sorry the comparison functionality mustn't be keeping both bikes in the url.

The comparison I was trying to make was between the X6 _Lite_ (rigid fork) and the Strada 600 (ridgid fork). Specifically, where is the $100 Euro diff coming from?

The X6 Lite frame seems beefier, and appears (eyeballing) to have a slightly more relaxed geometry.

The obvious thing there would seem to be road frame versus mountain bike frame. The X6 has a small chain guard too, which is nice. They both have aluminum forks, which I'm not so sure about. Aren't aluminum forks poor for buzz? There blades though so does that help?

Anyways, they are about $1000 CDN at the LBS each. Are these bikes competitive for that price?
There does not appear to be much difference in the frames, mostly the componentry and setup.

M_S summed it up succinctly. Go with that.

Decide whether you want suspension fork or not. I say that if you are riding on roads it is just not necessary.

Don't worry about the meagre 100 Eur difference in price. What's most important is the fork difference - just decide what you want/need, then go for it.

Maybe do a quick search for similar threads (there are always a few recurring about the whole fork thing).

good luck and enjoy!