I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by John Forester
The minds of those who argue as you do are pictures of emotional illogical irrationality. Cyclists need good roads with equitable operating procedures and the standard skills of operating accordingly. That is what I work for, and only people with twisted minds would consider that hypocritical.

You bicycle advocates, on the other hand, are working your guts out in promoting the system that was designed to discriminate against cyclists and to limit their operating space, being based on the principle that bicycle riders don't really belong on the roadway because, so the excuse goes, they are incapable of doing so. Advocacy for cyclists you think that is? Nothing could be more hypocritical than your arguments, and you either cannot understand that, or you refuse to do so for ideological reasons associated with opposition to motoring. Doubly hypocritical that, first for being against the interests of cyclists, second for being controlled by the cyclist-inferiority superstition that was invented by motorists.
Classic Forester on cycling advocacy! Recommend that the mods assign a special place for this post and steer all posters (and mods) to it when they try like the dickens to be even-handed conciliators and urge all bicyclists to join hands with the Forester clan to sing Kumbaya.