donnamb 
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by M_S
I'm finally going to break down and buy one. But I can't decide which model.

What I'll do with it:
Besides around town riding, I do short tours, and weekend rides that are progressively getting longer. Right now I don't ever go much farther than 100 miles a day, but that might change eventually.

Now, the standard is the B-17. That's what it seems most of the Tourers and Long Distance folks use. My concern is that it may be a little too wide for me. Is this foolish? I am pretty skinny though- just shy of 6 feet tall, and just shy of 150 pounds. At the moment, I'm thinking my choice is between the B-17 and the B-17 narrow. I know Brooks makes skinnier, racing-oriented saddles, but those tend to be out of my budget. This purchase is already big for me (a student) especially since I just bought new tires as well.

Any advice is appreciated, oh wise Bikeforumers!
You may be a skinny young man, but your bones seemed plenty big to me when we were on that ride. Go to River City or 21st Ave Bicycles where they have one of those Specialized sitbone measurer thingys and get yourself measured.
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."