View Single Post
Old 07-10-07, 01:26 PM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
I just got back from the bike shop and we talked about the Serotta. They said bring my bike in and we can see what we can use off of yours and then talk about price and what has to be done. He said the frame would be about $1400 and then what ever we could save from mine. I have to problems with this. This guy is the same guy, when I started riding, that tried to sell me a 20" bike. He said what size is the Jamis, I said 58cm, he said I think a 60cm would fit you better. I ws just ready to say, why did you put me on a 57cm a year ago, but I let it go. The other reason is, I like this Jamis to much to start taking it apart. He said, we could always order you a Trek 520. I thought when I went into the store I might be able to find out something, I walked out with my head spinning. I did want the 520 before I bought the Jamis, but the drop bars scared me off. I was asking myself that on the way home, what if I order this bike and find it uncomfortible. I said if I order the 520 would I have to take it if it didn't work and I think he said no. There's just so many factors to deal with and I don't know if I would gain that much with the 520. The Serotta, may be a different story, I'll just have to wait and see. I asked how much it weighed and he said he thought about 20#. Then he said the Lemond made a steel bike, but it was about $1700. So anyhow that's where I'm at, I said I would like to see the bike before I make a commitment. I must say, that the Lemond looked like a pretty nice bike.