Old 07-10-07, 08:01 PM
treed

Bikes: Fisher MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 7700 purchase advise please.

I am looking at a used '06 Trek 7700 Multi-Trac Hybrid offered for $800. Bike is in near new condition with very low miles- probably less than 300 miles. Currently owned by a friend that has switched to a recumbant. It has the Alpha SL frame, Bontrager (sp?) wheels and crankset, Deore XT derailers. He added a velo plush seat and a rack for the rear. I just started back into biking with my wife. We do local trails and multi use paths with short commute to work of 8 miles round trip thrown in. We are in the late 50's age group so will probably always do this sort of casual riding. She has a new Raleigh hybrid and loves it, although I find it a little slow. We are biking primarily to shed pounds and have re-discovered how much fun it is. I have an older Fisher Kaitai MTB that I need to replace for this type of riding. We will probably get into the rail roadbed trail riding popular here in SW Wisconsin and continue to grow the cross town/commuting/fun ride stuff.

So, is this a good deal? I really like the way it rides and the "brifters" are awsome. I get some wrist numbness from the forward weight position of the MTB and really like the upright position. It's a 17.5 inch bike and I am 5'11" so it fits well. Thanks!