Old 07-12-07, 02:40 PM
zippered
Spazzy Member

Bikes: '05 marinoni delta, '86/87 bianchi sport s(e)x, ? kona ?, raleigh '71, specialized crossroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by disconnec
I think my point is that they are cyclists. There's not a membership card anyone has to buy in order to be a cyclist.. So they're doing business and using a bicycle as a means of transporting goods. Legality aside, how is that different from messengers, who we typically regard as "cyclists?" Or messengers who double as weed delivery guys?
cy·clist (sī'klĭst) Pronunciation Key
n. One who rides or races a bicycle, motorcycle, or similar vehicle.
At least the story didn't say "cycling enthusiast." Besides, to most of the world, we're just dudes on bikes. delivering crack.
you're right. it's just that it perturbs me when i see that image perpetuated. i shouldn't be all down on the crackheads, considering i work with addicts. obviously there's no membership card as it were, but i still can't help but associate the word 'cyclist' with someone who has *some* sort of equipment whether it's a helmet, lights, or full on kit. anyway, i sound like i'm full of ***** and am taking away from the fact that it's really a shame that this "man" is doing this, and that women still can't walk down the street without being targetted.