divergence
del dot

Bikes: Tour Easy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by huge
The "why" of her actions was important. Was it inattention? Was it a disregard for society's rules? Was it an accident? was it on purpose? That's what I wanted to know. It makes a difference. What's wrong with holding someone accountable for their actions? If they can't justify what they did, perhaps they will think harder the next time (assuming it was done on purpose. If she said it was an accident I would have accepted that, I'm fully aware that accidents happen.).

My goal wasn't to get an apology, I wanted to get her to realize that her actions impact other people. She put me in danger of possibly killing someone. I wouldn't want to go through life with that kind of emotional trauma. That kind of baggage can ruin people's lives. Respectfully, I have to disagree with you, I think that she was obligated to answer my questions for putting me in that situation.

Alternatively, what if I panicked and swerved into the left lane (instead of braking) and collided with a car? Did she put me in danger then?
I concede a certain logic to your points...I still can't imagine that line of questioning leading to anything helpful, though.

In any event, glad you and she are both all right.