View Single Post
Old 07-15-07, 06:44 AM
tlc20010
The Grampster

Bikes: Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NotAsFat
Thursday, I rode the fastest average speed I've ever recorded, 19.6 mph, for 12.4 miles. My previous fastest pace had been 19.2 mph, for just 6.2 miles. Full details are here.
Great ride!! I admire your ability to push so far into your HR zones. I wish we were closer so we could push and pull one another to higher speeds--being former fatties and all. Also, it would be fun to trade bikes for a ride and see how your Tourmalet and my Buenos Aires fared in one another's hands. Any plans to come ride in the east?

By the way, 1+ on your comments about the hoods and drop bars--I still use the drops mostly on downhills to gain speed and have not yet gotten into the habit of ride the flats on the drops. Maybe it would increase my speed...ya think?