Old 07-15-07, 02:21 PM
jasong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
As I mentioned before you should buy a Dahon bike....I have a feeling your list of complaints for the Dahon will be very long. Normally people that are unhappy with a product buy another brand, they don't buy the same brand 3 times.
Actually, the other rice cooker instructions were the ones that had some strange drawings that I think made mention to a canadian distributor (can't remember). Very non-specific to the downtube. I actually didn't even see them until I got ready to throw the box away and noticed something taped inside.

History:
I bought one in 2005 (1) , didn't use it much but it was ok for tooling around, bought another in 2007 (3). Friend bought one (2) on my recommendation in 2006. Planned to upgrade my 2007 model after getting it in early 2007. Discovered problems in QC in assembly. Disassembled the 2005 and discovered similar but worse problems. That's the issue: with warranty periods so short, people are out of luck when they'll discover the problems that they can ignore (95% of people wouldn't have noticed the issues I found).

I've since bought a Swift frame ($390) and a stock Bike Friday ($650). Life's too short for that kind of stress to save a few $100. Plus they both come with lifetime warranties on the parts I can't replace (the frame).

Last edited by jasong; 07-15-07 at 02:33 PM.