View Single Post
Old 07-15-07, 08:03 PM
kerk

Bikes: 2018 Breezer Greenway, 2011 Raleigh International, 3 - '73 World Voyageurs, Trek 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What a day, First club ride

I drove an hour this morning to join a friend on a club ride. The first one for me. After I got there, I realized that I forgot my shoes! Noooo!! My friend, who lives near the start point, said we could go to his house and swap out my pedals for some platforms. I'm thinking, oh no. But off we go. We get to his house and he goes in his garage and wheels out his #2 Lemond and says, "Why don't you just ride this? I have an extra pair of shoes too." His frame is a medium, mine is a large. We swapped out the saddle and hit the road. I quickly got used to the smaller frame. Actually, it was quite nice. It was all I could do to keep up though. By the time we got started, the slower group was gone and I was stuck with the fast guys. We had no maps so they couldn't drop me, haha. It was tough not knowing where we were or how much more we had to go. About halfway through we caught the slower group and I peeled off and stayed with them. That was MUCH better. Since that much went wrong and I still had a good time, I'll have to go back and try it again with my own bike.
Proud owner of all three colors made! Orange, Blue , Yellow .