View Single Post
Old 07-16-07, 06:50 AM
gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by HopedaleHills
Yea, that's a wind turbine. I think it is experimental. There is a group pushing for building the Cape Wind Farm in Nantucket Sound between the cape and the islands. It's been being argued for about five years now. On one side are the green energy people and the opponents are the ocean environmentalists and the rich people who live on the south shore (Kennedys, etc). I find it interesting that two environmental groups have opposing views.
I find it interesting that one's ideals can go out the window when they are being asked to be the one to make the sacrifice. The Cape really needs an energy source and the wind is a logical solution, but if you're the one who has to get used to looking at windmills, I guess it sucks; especially if you have trouble with change. After traveling through the Netherlands I found the big windmills quite attractive to view, but hey what do I know.

The canal is a great ride (as long as you are on the sunny side). The wind doesn't get you all the time as you will go around corners and are somewhat protected from it in certain locations and then theres the return and that great tail wind.