View Single Post
Old 07-18-07, 03:00 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
I figured you were already thinking about that. I can't imagine you missing that.

I thought it was better to be redundant than have any possibility of that idea getting away.
Considering that so many of the original strobe stripes actually were reflective (hence the name) and the fact that I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Mopar muscle there's no reason to think I'd miss that.

Originally Posted by donnamb
I'm jealous, Raiyn. One of the disadvantages of living in a bike-happy city is that no one gives away kiddie trailers, or even sells them all that cheaply. I could spend months combing Portland freecycle and I'd be lucky if I came across one non-Walmart bike thing in that time.
The one I got had been left outside for a few years and it showed. (Check out the spring in the first pic) Yeah I managed to get it cleaned up nicely, but it's not really worth jelling over due to the amount of work it needed.
Originally Posted by donnamb
I swear, some of you guys could come to Portland in an RV with an inventory of rehabbed trailers and bikes, sell them "cheap" (for here) at a swap meet, and still leave having made a killing.
With the price of gas and the labor / materials cost involved it's doubtful I'd break even, much less make a killing.