View Single Post
Old 07-19-07, 10:17 AM
maddmaxx 
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Originally Posted by BSLeVan
I found an old wool jersey in the attic, and as I picked it up, I remembered the smell of it when it was wet. This got me to thinking that most of us have been around long enough to see some amazing changes in cycling. The bikes, equipment, clothing, etc. have all changed beyond what I could ever have imaginged when I first got into cycling. I then started to wonder what changes would come along in the next ten years. I know, I'm glad that I no longer have to wear scratchy smelly (when wet) wool jerseys, and brifters make my riding much more enjoyable. But what would I like to see as an improvement in the next ten years? How about you? Any thoughts about what changes you'd like to see in the next ten years?

One thought I've had is a set of handlebars with a strip of super bright LED lights build into them. Someting along the lines of lighting equivalent to a 10+ watt system would be nice with batteries that would last years instead of hours.
I don't know about years, but Lithium Polymer batteries are available now that have 4 times the capacity of the nicads we were using a few years ago and 2 times the capacity of NiMH batteries considered great today. The cost keeps rising ($250 battery pack) but that will reverse as the product goes into mass production.