View Single Post
Old 07-23-07, 11:35 AM
Vinokurtov
Now Racer Ex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Might want to look at how many educated cycling writers picked Levi in other polls.

Levi does what Levi does. Sit on wheels, ride a middling TT, and hope a bunch of other people crash, or blow up actually making an effort to try to win the race. He's only as high as he is because of Vino and Kloden's bad luck.

This is not a GC "LEADER", leader being a key word here. Yes, he's a very good bike racer compared to most, but the question isn't can Levi win your local crit or roadrace. That's not what they are paying him for. They hired him because they needed someone that all the "USA! USA!" folks who don't get cycling can root for.

Answer me this: How many TDF stages has Levi won during his career? I would think that would stick out like a sore thumb.

BTW, I've run into the guy a half dozen times. He may be a really nice guy to his intimate friends and wife, but to the general public, he's a jerk. When someone says hello to you you might at least give a nod.

Disco looks enlivened and organized this year because of the kid. They are killing it for him, not for Levi. Levi will keep the US audience at least watching, while the kid is going to help them secure a new sponsor.