View Single Post
Old 07-23-07, 08:17 PM
BigCat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Experience in NYC Tri

The advice was helpful. I did the NYC Tri Sunday and had an excellent swim: very smooth, easy, and I felt great when I got out. I was in the fastest third of my age-group and I came out feeling ready to bike. I counted my strokes the whole way - about 1300 - which kept me focused on me. They had signs every 300 meters to let you know how far you'd gone, and that was very helpful. The start was in the water, holding on to a rope, so as to avoid getting swept away by the current before the actual start. The water was salty, but clean, there was no debris, and you could see about five feet in front on you, and there were kayaks about every ten feet, to keep you on course.

This Tri was the most incredible athletic experience of my life. The support and organization of the event was great, my family was involved volunteering and cheering me on, and my performance made me very happy, especially the swim and the run. All my training paid off. Now I'm thinking of doing a Half Iron Man next year.

Posted my concerns here helped me think things through and be better prepared.