View Single Post
Old 07-26-07, 04:33 PM
kboy25

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aecky01
I'm doing my first tri this september and have been training pretty hard. The only thing I really needed was a new bike, so I got a new trek 1500, and some aerobars to replace my old road bike with downtube shifters. I love the bike and the bars, but the reach is a bit long. I've been told I need a forward seatpost to get a position similar to a tri bike, and use the aerobars correctly. My question is should I spend the money on one, or can I flip my seatpost around. I was unsure if it would have problems supporting me, since it is not the position it is designed for. Thanks for the help, can't wait til september 9th.
If it's a sprint or even olympic distance I would just ride your road bike as is without the added weight of aeor bars.

Cervelo makes a seat post where you can flip it to give it a steeper angle and closer to the bars. I don't think you can flip any seat post around like that.
Also like the other poster mentioned, move the seat up to the front.
you may also want to consider a seat with longer rails, such as the fizik arionne or fizik arionne tri.