View Single Post
Old 06-05-04, 03:57 PM
imapls

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PriO
I was actually really impressed by the old kickstand, its the type that has 1 on each side and when its on the front wheel doesnt touch the ground.
I took it off already, but I think ill ebay it like you said. Thanks =]

Im not really sure what do you mean by brackets, I was under the impression that they all look the same, as far as size goes.
Hi PriO: Bottom bracket is the spindle (axle) that the cranks mount on: most have two threaded bearing cups that screw into the sides of the bottom bracket housing (bit round barrel shaped part of the frame that all the frame tubes end up welded to), greased bearings and the spindle. Some are sealed bearing brackets: spindle and bearings sealed in a one-piece unit that mounts in the bracket housing with threaded rings. For alloy crank sets, the cranks have square holes that mount on the suare ends of the spindle. On your cottered crank, the spindle is round with cotter pin slots. Best check with your local bike shop for fit and sizes...I've been out of it for some time and bike parts have changed quite a bit since my bike was built, which is about the same time your Peugeot was made. A good shop can help you tell if what you want find on E-bay will fit or not, thou you'd probably want to buy something for your bike from them for the trouble of helping you.
Good luck!

imapls