View Single Post
Old 07-26-07, 10:17 PM
maximushq2

Bikes: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp, Specialized Rockhopper Comp, Gt Timberline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2nd light advice

Hi everyone I could use some advice. I have a Niterider HID light with a helmet and bar mount. Currently I have it on the bar. The Niterider hid is nice, but I could use more light when I am on trails in the woods. I found and ordered a niterider dual hid kit which basically splits the connection from the battery and includes a niterider hid headlamp, the splitter cable, and the bar mount for $195. With this I would have to run off the same battery and bar mount both of them. I get 5+ hours with one HID lamp which is probably more than twice the run time that I need so I figured this would be a good option. Also I believe my niterider bulb to be a 12 watt hid not the 13.5 watts that I have seen on some newer niterider bulbs.

I received the dual hid kit from ups today, but the hid bulb was cracked inside in two spots due to very poor packaging. I bought it from pricepoint and the hid headlamp was in a plastic bag just sitting on the bottom of the box with nothing at all to protect it. There was some crushed up paper above it in the box but this did nothing to protect the bottom of the box. I am returning it, but am starting to wonder if this is the best option to go with in my case. I would basically like to DOUBLE the light output I have now with my one Niterider hid without totally breaking the bank. Is there a better option out there that I haven't seen for approximately $200. High end LED lights are nice, but the prices seem crazy right now. For instance the Lupine Wilma light with 420, 830, and 1400= lumens would be awesome, but the prices are more than I would like to spend seeing how I already spent 350+ for the Niterider albeit two years ago.

I also ordered a planet bike super flash and luckily that survived shipping and I am quite happy with it. Thanks