mazpr
Banned.

Bikes: Tirreno Razza 900, Trek 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
?!?

Runner's World(r) Complete Book of Running by Amby Burfoot.

I do not agree with other people's opinion on this one. If it did not work for some people then you are doing something wrong. There is a method to develop VO2 max by running or by any other sport.

Working out other muscle groups will make the ones that are strong much stronger. I have done some bodybuilding and here is a quick example; when someone hit s plateau making the legs bigger one of the things many do is to concentrate on the upper body and viceversa.

I mix running with riding my bike and have noticed an improvement. I did jump from running to cycling which is the other way around from what has been expressed here. As long as VO2 max is improving then it does not matter the workout. Just keep an eye on overtraining and a way to do that is by checking your recovery rate.

For example; get your resting pulse before working out and at the end of the workout, do this daily. Then keep track how much time does it take your heart to achieve a resting pulse. If the recovery time takes longer then you are over-training etc etc.

IMO all been said above.

Last edited by mazpr; 07-27-07 at 09:15 AM.