Old 07-27-07, 12:05 PM
LuckyKarma
PacktInACrushdTinBox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked up a Concord Freedom 12 today, what now?

I paid $30 for this bike at a yard sale earlier today, it's in okay shape but needs a bit of work. Specifically new tires and tubes, tightening the tension on the shifters, etc, and honestly I don't know anything about fixing a bike up or anything. Are there any sites that have guides on how to perform maintenance on all the parts of the bike?

My next question is, the inside of the wheels (there were no tires) has a bit of rust on them. Nothing major, but is this something some toothpaste could take care of or should I look into new wheels? I really don't want to put much money into it, but I need a bike to ride to campus next year and this looked like it would be fun to fix up for not much $$$, so it would be no biggie if someone decided they needed it more than me and steals it. I'll take some pics when I get home from work, but any info on restoring a bike on the cheap would be appreciated

I'm also thinking about converting it to a fixed gear, does anyone have any advice on converting?

Last edited by LuckyKarma; 07-27-07 at 12:25 PM.