Old 06-07-04, 05:27 AM
bnet1
'Bent Brian

Bikes: Trek 1000, Rans Tailwind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Get a bike that fits you well and performs as you would expect it to. There is nothing worse than getting one that leaves you with aches and pains because it doesn't fit you right. In my opinion, ideally, the price is secondary. Due to various physical aliments I've just switched to a recumbent. It is bigger, heavier, and more expensive than my road bike. But guess what? In the past two weeks I've spent more time and miles on the recumbent (and far more fun) than I have in the last year on the road bike! I've even started limited commuting to work. It fits me well, I feel comfortable and confident on it, and with the gearing the extra weight is not a problem, in fact downhill it is a bit of an advantage. (Yes the extra 10 pounds of the recumbent over my road bike was a big concern but I actually don't even notice it.) After looking at the specs on many models and brands I narrowed my choices to basically two machines. These were the ones I checked out and made my final choice. The important thing was that the bike fit me, and fit the use I intended to put it to. The bike I actually purchased was the Rans Tailwind, a compact long wheelbase. Keep looking and you will find the bike that is right for you. Make fit and comfort your first priority and then worry about the price. Sometimes a more expensive bike isn't necessarily better.

'bent Brian