View Single Post
Old 07-30-07, 09:13 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Windknot Flies
Hey ya'll! I'm a newbie in just about every sense of the word. I'm 35 and before I met the love of my life, Denise, I hadn't been on a bike since I was a kid. Anyways, we're both what could be called 'outdoorsy', however she is a runner and biker (not the leather jacket kind, of course). Anyways, I decided to tag along with her a few months ago on one of her rides and I've been hooked ever since. I started out only doing a pitiful 10 miles at a time. It soon progressed to 15, then 20, then 30, and finally 40 miles (and increasing all the time). What's more is that I'm keeping up with her on this ancient Bridgestone mountain bike. Haha. I'm looking to buy my first road bike because I'm ready to make that first critical purchase. I'm both STOKED & confused all at once. There's so many choices out there. Hopefully I can get some advice as well learn from everyone here in the forum. As far as some info about me: I'm a full time fishing guide, ACA paddling instructor, Army vet/paratrooper (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Kosovo, etc), and neophyte rider. I look forward to gaining some knowledge from everyone!

Capt H. Ashley
USCG Certified / Texas Parks & Wildlife Licensed Guide
American Canoe Association Paddling Instructor
Corpus Christi, Texas
First off, I honor your service! Welcome to Bike Forums, you sound like you'll be a great contributor here in so many ways that I have no specific forum recommendations for you!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant