View Single Post
Old 07-31-07, 01:56 PM
dgravenor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Just thought I would register and browse the forums.

I am from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, where we have probably one of the biggest ranges of weather one could imagine (-40 (-50 with wind chill some days) to +35 (+45 with humidex some days)), with some of the crappiest roads and motorists for commuting.

I have been a bike mechanic at a shop for about 4 months, but have been working on bikes for the past two years.

I have an old yellow Bianchi I have been using to commute, and have yellow michelin speediums on salsa delgado cross rims, 32 spoke 3-cross, laced to a pair of miche mozzi 'superfast' hubs. Flat bar.

I also just built a nifty speed bike with a carbon fork, aluminum frame, tt bars, single 105 brake with bar-end brake lever, single dura-ace bar end-shifter hooked up to a 105 rear derailleur powering an ultegra chain / 9 speed cassette, driven by a 105 bottom bracket and crankset. The unit rolls on vredstein fortezza 23c tires with mavic cxp 33 rims, double butted spokes, and a pair of Kult hubs (28 front, 32 rear). I'll post pics soon.

I hope to have some neat convos and share some great info with you guys!