Old 07-31-07, 02:43 PM
roadsport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stan and East Hill,

Thank you!

Stan thanks for the pedal advice - never tried clipless so I'm thinking the toe-clip baskets may be a good way to start. I actually might see if REI has the clips and straps together for a few dollars and mount it on the plastic pedals the bike came with - just so I can ride it for a bit after the tune up. I'll have to look into the ones you sent me via the link...I had never seen them so I will look into that and some clipless/shoe options too. The shoes are a whole other story - no idea what to do with those but looking at some good sales that bring them to $100 or less.

I am very excited to have the bike! For $100 I think it is awesome to get it going and learn how (literally) to ride a road bike. It is so much different from my "monster" of a mountain bike (call it that because it weighs a ton). I just picked up the parts at Performance so when it is tuned this week they will put on a new chain and re-wrap the bars (hopefully straigten out that lever!).

I also bought a wireless computer on a great sale and a pair of bike shorts (all that is new too). All I need is a nice helmet (Performance has some Giro's on closeout/sale for around $90...thinking about one of those).

I need to find a good saddle to replace this one that it has now (ouch). I will try it with the padded shorts to see if I can take it for a while, but I really need to figure out what kind of decent one I can get (Serfas, $45?) that will not cause so much ouch but not break the bank! (remember I'm not racing here).

Wish me luck on the tune up - hope to go on a nice long ride by the end of the week!!

Thanks again - I am ready to ride

Jen