Old 07-31-07, 11:36 PM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
different levels of ability amongst "vehicular cyclists"

... I'm beginning to decipher there are different levels of traffic comfortability and riding ability among bicyclists that understand how to ride on the roads like vehicles.

this lack of total traffic comfort is a big, glaring discrepancy not given a lot of emphasis by the dogmatic vc, becuase, in this forum, anyway, supossedly all it takes to ride any road is the knowledge of how to ride like a vehicle.

I see some big, gaping holes in the vc point of view. I see glaring fallacies inherent that all it takes to ride a road, any road, is the knowedge of how to operate like a vehicle, and everything else magically falls into place, the cyclist is immune from bad traffic conditions or dangerous roadways, drivers become obsequious, well mannered, and drive according to the rules of the road, politely and legally.

I also suspect incompetancy among some of the EC chip holders.

I doubt all-road traffic competancy is automatically assured just because someone understands how to ride like a vehicle- I suspect there are many levels of ability among the so called 'vehicular cyclists.'