Old 06-08-04, 09:05 PM
jkp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back pain & MS-150 ride approaching fast!

Bike shops have recommended their "fitting" which ranges from $50-$75. Does anyone have any experience with this? Recemmend it?

Here's my deal: I started biking regularly last year with a clunky, heavy Trek Navigaor. I really liked biking and figured I was ready to move up a level of bikes. So, I bought I used Gary Fisher moutain bike and had the local mechanic fit me to the bike...but just by his judgement. No lasers or software or fees involved. Ever since I started riding the GF, I've had incredible back pain. Granted this is a mtn bike and my former bike was considered the comfort type and I was sitting more upright last year.

Before the back pain started, I slated myself to do the MS ride (150 miles) and will borrow a road bike to do this. I am also wondering, if the bike fitting fee thing is worth it, I suppose it makes sense to fit me to the road bike too?

I have to say is that this sucks! I love biking and I think it's interesting how runners get their burned out and start cycling to keep fit. I am a strong runner who can't even run anymore!! To make things worse, my chiropractor is warning me against the MS ride figuring I'll be in pain even longer. He could be right, but I am not ready to give up yet. Any advice is much appreciated.