View Single Post
Old 08-02-07, 02:24 PM
BeckyW

Bikes: 2007 Raleigh Venture 4.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the great resources and reassurance. It's good to know that, more than likely, once all the kinks are worked out (and necessary components upgraded), my bike will be ok! I do think I'm going to keep my eyes open for a "spare bike" from Craigslist or something, though.

I've been browsing Sheldon Brown's site for the past few weeks - there's a LOT of good information there! Some of it is a bit over my head, or needs supplementing with "Idiot's Guide" type stuff - thanks for the other links. And I know I should use the public library... but I always end up with overdue fines, and have finally decided I'm better off just buying my own books...

I don't know of any workshops or clinics around here, but it wouldn't surprise me if they exist. I'll ask around.

Solveg, from what I read on Sheldon's site, it wouldn't surprise me if my bottom bracket is loose. I hope I haven't damaged it.

So anyway, I'll use the weekend to take care of some other things, take the dog for a couple of nice long walks (she's been awfully neglected since I got the bike!), and do some strength/core training that I've been a little sloppy about. Then hopefully jump back into bike training next week feeling strong and rested, and with a healthy bike!