Old 08-03-07, 08:19 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by HandsomeRyan
This is my AW (attention wh*re) thread. i have not posted up much lately but i have been riding some and i recently started a new diet plan.

I've always been kinda fat (my whole adult life) but last fall the company i work for sent me all over the country on business stuff and it resulted in 8 weeks of fast food 2-3 meals a day and drinking with clients/coworkers almost every night. My weight balooned from about 235 to 260+. I wasn't happy about it but as many of you know- once your fat you feel helpless. I bought a bike in april (07' Felt Q720) and started riding a few days a week. My firs MUP ride, i got 1/2 through the loop and thought i was going to have to call someone to come pick me up i was out of breath, dehydrated, and my legs felt like jello. I didn';t give up though. i kept going out there and riding a little farther each time until i could do the whole trail. I recently started a better eating plan as well, i have cut out most of the 'bad foods' i was eating, i've cut back on my drinking, and i'm riding at least a few days a week.

This morning i stepped on the scale and it said 248. I havent been under 250lbs in over a year! I'm still a clyde, and i'm still fat but between the riding and the dieting i'm really starting to see soem results. (@ 6'2, i'll always be a clyde even if i drop below 200#'s)

I just ordered a new bike (see profile for link) it isn't a clyde-oreanted bike but i think it'll hold me and i did spring for the disc brakes. It wont be here until the end of the month or the beginning of next. i can't wait! (this is my ideal bike. some new pedals, bar ends, and a bell for the handlebars and i'm set!)

I'll post some bike pr0n pictures of the new bike when it comes in.

I'm getting married on August 11th to my highschool sweetheart. I bought her a bike (06' Diamondback Citi) but she doesn't ride it much. I'd love for her to get in shape so we could ride together (she is a female equivalent of a clyde) maybe this fall when it isn't so hot out she'll ride more?

I'll be taking a week off from biking to go on a honeymoon to the Mayan Riveria ,south of Cancun, Mexico.

Ummmmm... I think thats about all i wanted to share, but thanks to everyone on this forum who have inspired me to lose weight and get in shape and rekindle my love of bicycles! May you always have the strenght to pedal just a little faster than the little guy trying to draft you.
Congratulations all around!