Thread: aerotechdesigns
View Single Post
Old 08-03-07, 08:27 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by khamedra19
Hello people. I immediately went out and bought my first pair of cycling shorts after a 40-mile ride in stretch pants with a seamed crotch. God, I wish I had known better at the time. Anyway, based on advice from this site, I bought a pair of Aerotech Design shorts. I am used to wearing close fitting pants for yoga classes, but nothing prepared me for the uber tight fit of cycling shorts. The waist is comfortable, but the leg bands seem tight. They are not uncomfortable, but they rather dig into my flesh and do not make for a smooth looking silhouette. Is this what leg bands are supposed to do? Or did I purchase the wrong size? I wear a 6. So I bought the small as suggested by the sizing chart. Should one generally buy up a size when buying cycling shorts? I appreciate your words of wisdom.
The tight fit on the legs will go down a bit as you replace the adipose tissue with muscle in your quads. The tightness also helps with moisture wicking as well as circulatory support. Do they really dig in or is it just a little indentation in your thighs?

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant