Old 06-10-04, 02:58 PM
etchr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brianz
I've got the same shiny new pista and I too have considered removing decals...not for theft prevention (2 kryptonite locks one big one small cover that), but for aesthetics. I ultimately decided against it. I don't rip the stripes off my adidas, I don't tear the little red tag off my dickies etc. As far as making it "my own" individual bike, I figure time will do that. You know, a year or so of riding will give my bike all the "love marks" it needs. For the time being, colored grip tape and some colored tires will make it about as mine as mine can be. I would change the seat, but I actually like the stock seat quite a bit.

I will be petty for a second:
You obviously buy a pair of Adidas and a pair of Dickies because you want a pair of Adidas or a pair of Dickies as opposed to just wanting a 'good shoe' or a 'good pair of jeans'. Now, that's not to say that Adidas and Dickies aren't good products, but if 'labels' weren't a factor, you WOULD take the stripes off of your Adidas and the red tag off of your Dickies (not necessarily).
I bought my bike because I wanted a good bike, not because I wanted a Bianchi. I like Bianchi and I love my bike, but:
- I would rather not constantly be an advertisement for them
- I like the looks of a clean, no labeled, bike
That's why I am looking to find a way to remove the decals... I obviously will not die if I don't find a way to do that. I will still have a good bike... speaking of which, the stock seat IS super comfortable.