Gee3
Senior Moment Member

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brsboarder
I'm brand new to San Francisco, and have been doing the NY MS ride for several years. How hard is this ride? I haven't ridden since april and am only just going to start getting back into shape starting next weekend, when I finish moving to san francisco
Hi and welcome to the Bay Area! Where will you be living at? SF itself?

As for the ride I was told that there was lots of climbing on the long route but after looking at the route it looks like the biggest peak is only 630ft. Small beans for lots of the NorCal guys. You can check out the links in my first post to the MS site and the routes. The route map shows the elevation for each ride.

But there are 3 ride options you can choose from: 1. The 40 mile Day 1 route; 2. The short route, which consists of the 40 mile day 1 route and the 75 mile day 2 route; and 3. the long route, which consists of the 80 mile day 1 route and the 75 mile day 2 route.

The cool thing is that the long routes starts at PacBell Park, goes through the City and over the Golden Gate Bridge. Then it heads down to Sausalito and up the coast to the Napa Valley area. It'll be a very scenic route. And being new to the city it'll be a great chance to explore the Bay Area.

Being that I started riding last year in flatter Dallas I was worried about the climbing difficulty too but I don't think it's as bad as I first thought. I rode with some of these guys a couple weeks back and the highest peak was about 1500ft. So if slow weak me can do that, 600ft doesn't seem too bad.

If you are interested in doing the BF NorCal team thing I'll set up the team on the MS site. I have a few others intersted so I'll most likely be setting up the team this week so people can start joining.

And I thought it'd be cool to get a group together to do this since I'd otherwise be riding solo... which I'd rather not do. hehe!

So hopefully you will decide to do the MS ride! Feel free to email or PM me if yo have any other questions!

TTYL,
Gary