I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,529 Times in 1,042 Posts
Originally Posted by larryfeltonj
I'd have to rework the wording a little bit to fit my own evaluation system.

Points one and three are basically the same problem, which I'd call "lack of skill in operating the
equipment". "inexpensive bike" I'd have to change to "non-roadworthy bike". I've gotten good used bikes for less than fifty dollars. I'll leave "sidewalk rider" as is. The sidewalk is a pedestrian facility. It isn't intended for vehicular transportation.

As for his chances of becoming serious, rather than lunch hour entertainment for me, that depends on whether the community of cyclists does what it's supposed to be doing as a self-sustaining community, and teaches him how to choose a bike and operate it properly (and of course whether he wants and is able to do it. The ride I observed may have given him heart failure).
And what does "lack of skill in operating the equipment" or use of a "non-roadworthy bike" (as defined by LarryF) have do with Vehicular Cycling? You mean motor vehicle drivers ARE skillful in operating their vehicles and their vehicles ARE all in tip-top condition? Baloney! You mean the rest of the drivers are not vehicular drivers? Maybe you are only considering the Serious Motorists that fit the profile of your associates.

I suspect you are the one more likely to have a health problem, due to anxiety over the lack of seriousness of people who don't emulate your saintly ways and don't do what they are "supposed to do" IAW the Gospel of Larry.