View Single Post
Old 08-06-07, 03:15 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by wyeast
The Super Doppler you're still limited to just the 3 LED's. While the Ultra Wazoo doesn't have all 9 LED's focused in the same place, you have at least 5 that are. (At least by the ol' Mark I Eyeball check off my Flashpoint at 30 feet) (there are tiny "lenses" in front of each LED)

And once you move off-axis it then I think the UW is definitely brighter because of the larger lit-up body area and more emitters.
Three? Yes, I see your Ultra Yazoo has 9 like that, I have about 9 in a 12V, 1.4 watt array and I'm planning on working an extra 9 or so LED stick-on marker unit below in the taillights for turn and two below the headlamp unit in a delta for "high beam", at 1.2 watts each. I have a small 12V, 7A sealed battery I was given and a 13.00 charger I will get from the hobby shop to keep the juice juicy. Don't forget my Delco!

I'm probably beyond the valley of the Ultra-loonies but I don't drive and when you sometimes wonder if you'll see what's gonna make you a great-uncle much less your best friend a grandpa, things just get done.