View Single Post
Old 08-06-07, 01:31 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Yen
Go ahead and laugh....

A few weeks ago I began waking up briefly on some nights with the feeling that my legs are full of energy. Around that same time I began adding more evening rides after work, and our weekend rides are getting longer. We are not over-doing it, I always stretch, warm up, cool down, drink plenty of water, and my diet is excellent.

I should say that I do officially have restless leg syndrome (RLS) (yes, it is real and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy) but I have the milder type that sets in just as I am relaxing for the evening, when I sit down around 8:00 pm to read or watch TV or visit with guests. That's when the RLS "creepy crawly" feeling begins. But once I go to bed, it stops and it has never bothered me during the night. And, this twitchy feeling doesn't feel exactly the same as the itchy/creepy/crawly sensation.

It happened again last night when I awoke at 1:00 am. This morning my husband in kidding said "maybe it's your fast-twitch muscles". We went for an easy ride last night for 1 hour (HR around 110).

Do I need to take B vitamins? Stretch longer and more often? Has anyone else experienced this when you began riding or increased the frequency?

Perhaps its time to find a 5 mile circular route round your area and go out and "Over Do It". Not too much and make certain you have nothing planned for the next day but you have the fitness- and the Stamina- so get out and do just that one more circuit.

Spike Milligan