View Single Post
Old 08-06-07, 09:26 PM
mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pupsocket
If I have another flat tire, I'll be late to work (afternoon shift).
I won't have time to shower afterwards.
My only clean jersey is full of rips.
Left my good sunglasses in the other car.
Water bottle isn't clean.
Can't find the bike computer.
Can't find the bike mirror.
Can't find the bike bag.
Can't find my left shoe.
I'll ride more tomorrow.
It's cloudy today.
I was going to change my front tire.
I spent too much time on BF.
Can't find my cell phone.
Can't find my keys.
Just ate a big meal.
Can't find my wallet.
Patch kit is almost out of patches.
Every time I lube the chain I get Triflow all over the concrete.
Sick of loading/unloading the hatch rack.

Sick and tired of being my own worst enemy. I was planning to load up early this morning and do 30 miles on the Cannon Valley trail. Instead I slept in, spent too much time finding excuses, and almost pissed away another nice morning.

Did go 8.5 miles, though.
Bicycling might not be your gig. If you are trying to find some activity that will help you lose weight or get in shape, you have to find something that you think is really fun. It should be something that you don't have to talk yourself into doing. Rather, it needs to be something that you wake up early with excitement to do or think about all day at work.

If you have to talk yourself into it and are finding ways to get out of bicycling or whatever, then find something else that is fun. Maybe it is swimming or tennis or Tai Chi or dancing. Keep searching until you find it, but something is out there just perfect for you.

Do stay positive, though. You sound frustrated with yourself. Probably, you are pretty comfortable in your own skin, that is why excersizing for the sake of excersizing just isn't motivating enough. That is actually a good thing. Look for fun. Fun is the best motivator of all.