Old 08-07-07, 08:33 AM
rando

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by larryfeltonj
Damn, and I thought I was working from my long established pattern (which I've used since the bitnet/usenet days) of readiing a forum for awhile to get an idea of the general tone of discussion, establishing my persona as quickly as possible so that people know what to expect, and then settling into more routine discussion.

I didn't realize I was looking for a pat on the back. I believe it was you who told me I was going to get "flack". When is it going to start? So far everyone's been very nice to me here, albeit I haven't received the pats on the back I evidently crave.
struck a nerve, eh? hey, man, you showed your stripes from that very first post. bigoted, insulting, derisive of other riders and "inferior" bikes. a desire to have everyone ride what you ride and believe what you believe and ride the way you ride. yes, you'll find plenty of your buddies here.

Cyclists fare best when they recognize that there are times when acting vehicularly is not the best practice, and are flexible enough to do what is necessary as the situation warrants.--Me