JoeMetal

Bikes: Trek 2.3 w/ full SRAM Red; Surly LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTiny
Joe
Thanks for the opportunity to make m own introduction. My real name is Brian Folsom but not many know my real name I go by Tiny. At 6'2 325 I don't know why but I can't shake the name. I weighed nearly 300 lbs in high school and lost 100+ lbs thanks to the glorious Marine Corps recruiters and drill instructors. I stayed around 200 while in the Corps but quickly ballooned to 365 when I got out. I have been up and down since hitting my high. I made it to 285 but trickled back to 350. I am now hovering around 325.

I got a call a few weeks ago that a friend of mine died while jogging on his treadmill and I realized that I had to stop this yo-yo. I have three kids and a beautiful wife that I absolutely don't deserve. I have to get healthy for myself and they deserve to have a healthy dad.

I spoke to a friend who is running a triathlon in a few weeks and asked him to help me train for a sprint next year . I want to have a goal besides loosing weight to motivate myself. I picked up a mountain bike from a friend to get me started and I am shopping for a road bike (please give feed back on my other thread). I have been reading the forums for a few days now and let me tell there are no lack of motivating stories, as well as a lot of great technical and nutritional knowledge here.

Thank all of you who have posted you before and after pics and those who respond to the technical threads as well.

No more rambling I promise ( at least for tonight)

Tiny
I knew a guy in high school whose nickname was Tiny. He was one of the nicest guys I've met.

And as far as the bolded section, put some faith in yourself. You're here, which usually means you're riding or at least thinking about it, and that's more than you can say for a vast majority of the population.