View Single Post
Old 08-08-07, 07:44 AM
clearwaterms

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
everybody wear your helmet, always

it's funny. I rode a motorcycle up until this spring. Still own it just have not taken it out of the garage. I was always a gear psycho. I always wore a helmet, jacket, gloves and boots at a minimum, pants or a full leather racing suit if I felt the ride dictated it. BUt when I got my bicycle I bought a helmet, but hardly ever wore it.
This morning I threw it on, in a similar fashion to the way I had thrown it on several mornings in a row now. im really glad I did. The ground was a little wet and I was feeling fairly frisky so I was going at a good clip (18+) on my knobby mountain bike tires. into a gentle left the back tire slipped, remembering what i did from my motorcycle days, NEVER grab the brake while your leaned over. I decided after the next right (another gentle turn) I would slow down, back off a gear or so... I never got that chance. The next right spelled the end of that ride. down I went, classic lowside, rear tire lost traction slipped out from under me. The first part of my body to hit was my helmet protected head. The helmet is cracked inside now, which leads me to believe it did it's job, which is the most important part. time to buy a new helmet I guess.