View Single Post
Old 08-08-07, 07:39 PM
Ron Roberts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problems with dogs

OK guys, we've all had this problem at one time or another. The dogs seem to delight in chasing bikers. And the irresponsible owners seem to feel like it's OK for them to do so. NOW, I'm looking for an electronic device that emits a sound that will absolutely stop the dog in its tracks well before it gets close to me. I've seen some for sale on the internet but I get the impression they are too weak. Has anyone tried them? And how effective are they? I DO NOT want to harm the dog. But, kinda like when you spank your kids, I want it to hurt without harming. I think if it doesn't hurt, the dog won't stop the attack. I don't want to use Mace or pepper spray or a club, etc. There's too much chance of losing control of the bike while using them. SO, again, what I'm looking for is one of those ultrasound, battery powered devices with enough power to REALLY do the job. If none is available, I've considered buying one of the less powerful models and getting it modified for MORE power(souping it up). Comments? Ideas? Info? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
Ron