Old 06-14-04, 02:25 PM
bruceha_2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trailer to transport a trike?

Hi all,
My wife as rheumatoid arthritis and can't ride a regular bike. We are thinking recumbants and she thinks the trikes would be better because she doesn't have to worry about shifting weight to keep balanced. The only problem is the one (EZ-3 Trike) at the local store weighs about 50 pounds. Not something she can pick up and sling on to a bike rack hanging off the back of the car. Don't need a lot of weight capacity, just have to be able to push the bike up on the trailer. I've scrounged the web looking for very light weight (no big towing car available) trailers that could hold maybe 150# max. I figure if she likes hers, I might get one too, older knees not the best anymore. Also could put on some mounts for the kids bikes so maybe something 6' long and 4 ' wide would work. I haven't had much luck. Did find some that weigh maybe 300# and hold more but I really don't need that.
Does anyone know if there is a small flatbed trailer out there? I'm not talking about 1000 mile trailering, just getting from home to various bike paths which might include some interstate travel.

Thanks,
Bruce Alvarez
South Burlington, VT