Old 08-09-07, 04:12 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightcap
Weight Watchers differs greatly from Jenny Craig et al. It doesn't provide food and does promote a healthier lifestyle (as opposed to a short-term "diet"). As one who's run the gamut, they're actually quite sensible, and I have high hopes that this time will be different. But that's a subject for another forum.

I explained the age and state of the bike to my LBS. They noted that some of the pieces parts are eighteen years old and no longer made (SunTour, e.g.), so the hope is that nothing more substantial than cables and chain would have to be replaced. Actually, I should say that's only half a hope. The male midlife crisis side of my brain is half hoping that I have to buy a new bike. There are some sweet wheels out there right now!

Thanks for the words of welcome. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
I stand corrected, on weight watchers then....

One thing to remember, about the only parts that are an issue, are the headset and bottom bracket, as there were some oddball sizes, that may be difficult to track down, but I think it was about 20-25 years ago now, that they started moving to standard sizing.

The real issue though, you need to decide how much your willing to invest in the old one, before it's better to look at something more current. If you do decide on a new one, put the old one on Craigs List, as there are some guys who will buy 2-3 older bikes and pull components off them, and make one good bike. They tend to specialize based on country of origin and age.