View Single Post
Old 06-15-04, 10:56 AM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Originally Posted by bruceha_2000
Thanks for the pointer. Still seems a bit heavy at 240 pounds (3/4" 4x8 sheet of plywood not included). I wonder if I could get away with this one: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...egoryId=274279
by extending the deck back a bit and creating a clamping system on the tongue for the front wheel (Presuming then only 1 bike).
Oh, yeah, mount one of these on the tongue. Wheelbase of the EZ-3 is 56", so if you put it, say 10-12" up on the tongue, you wouldn't even need to extend the deck. Just make sure the handlebar clears the back of the lead vehicle when cornering.

I suppose I should also get out the owner's manual for her car - can't find towing capacity for 1997 Legacy L. 2.2L engine, not the current 2.5L.
Total weight is gonna be about 200 lb; I wouldn't sweat it. The wimpiest econobox will tow at least 500-800 lb. I met a guy who had a Saturn sedan, and hauled a wee little pop-up trailer meant to be towed behind a motorcycle. Weighed about 300 lb, and he said he could hardly feel it behind him.

Oh, and point well taken about the road height of the Greenspeed. I'm sure she'd much prefer to be at least as high as the EZ-3.