Old 08-10-07, 07:49 PM
Kyle385

Bikes: 2000 Trek 6500, 2006 Flyte SRS-3, 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
XT/mavic 717 wheelsets from Performance

My XT/rhynolites are tanks at around 2500 grams. Plus, now that I have discs, the machined braking surfaces are hideous. I'll be needing a new wheelset after selling these and didn't really want to spend more than $200. Afterall, I refuse to go into next semester without the xbox 360!

So I was wondering if the XT/717 set from Performance makes sense because if the set ever goes bad on me I can just return them.

The weight they have listed does seem a little heavy. 977g for the front, 1043g for the rear = 2020g for the set. I would still be saving about a pound in rotating weight compared to my rhynolites...most importantly all weight saved from the rim.

I do wish Performance had them laced to hope pro 2 hubs so if I ever go the 20mm axle route, I'd be covered...but for now I'm committed with my nearly brand new RS Revelation...

So any comments on the XT/717 set? Also it appears the Perfomance set requires centerlock, so does anyone know where the cheapest adapters are (shipping to Texas included)?