View Single Post
Old 08-11-07, 11:25 AM
Caincando1

Bikes: Trek Pilot 1.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry that I keep adding post to this thread. I just want to share my mistakes so other can learn from me.

I think I might be sitting to far forward on my saddle. I went out and manualy softened the Brooks and tiped the nose down a mm or two and rode up and down the drive way. I wanted to see if my sit bones where really in the right place on the saddle. I don't think they are. I sat on the saddle like I usually do and slid back till I felt like my sit bones where on the rail. I kept sliding back and low and behold I wasn't at the back of the saddle yet. So I slid my sit bones off the back of the rail. Moves forward till the they just raised up onto the rail, then skid forward about and inch or so which put them where they should be on the saddle. Sure enough, I was probably and inch or better towards the rear than I normally ride at. The nose of the saddle used to stop at the base of the "man bag" and now would extend under and almost in front of the "man bag". So before the hard nose was riding right in the front of the perineum area. Now it would be in front of it and my parineum area would be over the middle of the saddle. So I'm thinking I've been sitting on the nose of the saddle for the last couple hundred miles. It's raining now so I can't even go for a short ride to experiment riding farther back on the saddle.

I'll keep everyone updated.